Thursday 10 November 2011

Polari Literary Review

Polari
I’m really excited to announce that Paul Burston, award winning author, LGBT Editor of Time Out London and one of Blighty’s leading commentators on LGBT life, has invited me to speak at the Polari Literary Salon in February. Paul created Polari to showcase new gay and lesbian writers. Since its launch in 2007, Polari has established an enviable reputation as a centre of excellence for promoting new talent. I’ll be reading passages from my book, Perking the Pansies and Surviving the Expats in Turkey and taking questions. I’m completely terrified. Paul assures me it's a warm and easy crowd. I will have to dig deep into my past to resurrect the orator in me. I'll be trolling down to Soho to ask the literati omis, palones and palone-omis to vada my bona book*. I hope this pansy will still be perking by the end of it. What shall I wear?

*For a quick lesson in Polari slang check out Trolling on the Net.

You might also like:

Publish and Be Damned
The Dorothy Dollar and Pink Pound

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...